Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Everybody Talk About Shop Music.

When you get to a certain point in life (that being the point where you seem to waste a exponential proportion of your precious remaining hours trimming your eyebrows) it becomes impossible to find any new music you like. Normal people can possibly rely on adverts to find music with which to torture their dinner party guests but I usefully don't watch TV; that road is closed to me. Instead, my musical direction is dictated by retail outlets the likes of Next and H&M via the medium of Shazam. I am still in awe every time it works, it's like some sort of satanic electronic wizardry.

My latest discovery (thanks, Habitat) is a strangely named track from Sebastien Tellier:



Which reminds me very much of Jean Michele Jarre,  whom I was introduced to at university by a nice man called Ted back in the days when I had no taste in anything at all. Not like now. Mr Tellier appears to have released this track several years ago, which is of no pain to me because it's really as cutting edge as I can hope for and I look forward to hearing all this year's new music in 2020. Something about Mrs. Gaga, I'm told.


No comments:

Post a Comment